In this class, we will learn methods for purposeful reading and writing in an effort to imagine ourselves as academic readers and writers in the context of our world. Together, we will explore the world around us and incorporate multiple perspectives into our inquiry in order to understand the social contexts of reading, writing, and the knowledge we gain and create from these processes. The class will center around you, the student, and your colleagues as you reflect on what you learn and what is meaningful to you in the larger contexts of the classroom and the world, that you may participate and make meaningful choices about how you interact with the questions and problems you encounter here and beyond the classroom.
Objectives:
- active reading
- reflection
- meaning making
- research for argumentative purposes
- strategies for reading and writing processes
- imagine yourself as academic
- contextualize your reading and writing
- significant revision strategies
I will use a rubric for grading students on their writing, though I am a little conflicted here because I am more interested in student improvement and participation as an academic.
No comments:
Post a Comment